FingerPrint Reader Installation
CLOSE ALL OTHER PROGRAMS
A COMPUTER RESTART WILL BE REQUIRED
PART 1 Installing and Testing Persona FingerPrint Reader
- Plug in the Finger Print reader into any USB port.
- Start EasyDose.
- Go to Maintenance menu and select Digital Persona FingerPrint Reader.
- If an error is displayed, then the required software has not been installed to run a Finger print reader with EasyDose.
- For this next step you MUST know (accurately) whether your Windows operating system is a 32 bit or 64 bit operating system. (Computer > Properties).
- Click OK to clear the message.
- The EasyDose Finger Print Reader form will open.
- If your Windows operating system is
- 32 bit – select x86 Runtime
- 64 bit – select x64 Runtime.
- Click on the Appropriate Link under Runtimes. Your chosen Web Browser will open and download the selected Runtime file.
- The file will be a .zip file. Open the zipped folder and run the Setup.exe file.
- Follow the onscreen installation instructions.
- After closing the Installation Form, you will need to Restart your computer.
- Click Yes to restart.
- After the computer has restarted, reopen EasyDose.
- Again, go to Maintenance menu and select Digital Persona FingerPrint Reader and note the Reader Number has now been inserted at the top of the form.
- Enable the Finger Print Scanner by Placing a tick in the box.
- Place a tick in the box n the required finger and a scan verification window will open. There will be four rex crosses displayed.
- Test the scanner by selecting a finger in the form (tick in box) and scan that finger 4 times. If successful, four green ticks will appear, that form will close and the verify Button will be enabled.
- The above form will close automatically when successful scanning is complete. The Verify Button will now be enabled.
- Click to Verify the four scans and the following form will open.
- Place that same finger on the reader to verify.
- Successful verification will result in the text on the verify button turning green.
- Close the Form.
Click here to Add a Pharmacist to the Reader